Vegetarian BBQ "Chicken" Cauliflower Pizza
After a long weekend with a few too many indulgences, this is exactly what I need to reset and start my Monday a little early 🙌🏻. There are so many things I love about this recipe, to name a few....
⭐️I love this @outeraislegourmet CAULIFLOWER pizza crust because it is only 3 NET CARBS and 120 CALORIES per crust. This is a perfect meal topped with protein and veggies, and veggies on the side.
🌱 FRESH HERBS, such as cilantro used here, are great to add flavor without adding extra calories or fat.
🍗 I DON’T EAT MEAT, so here I used @gardein vegetarian chicken tenders, which is only 8 net carbs for 2 tenders. @brookezigler makes this recipe with BBQ tofu, which is DIVING. These are a great alternative to meat or tofu.
🌶 I LOVE SPICE and @thenewprimal offers a variety of BBQ and buffalo sauces that have NO SUGAR. I love these sauces for marinades, dressings and a variety of recipes.
- 1 Cauliflower Pizza Crust (I used @outeraislegourmet)
- 1/3 Cup BBQ Sauce (I combine @thenewprimal mustard BBQ and medium buffalo)
- 2 Vegetarian Chicken Tenders (I use @gardein Brand)
- 1/4 Cup Part Skim Mozzarella
- 2 TBS Parmesan Cheese
- Red Onion Sliced
- Cilantro for garnish
- First, prepare the “chicken” tenders per the instruction on the packaging, when finish, chop into bite sized pieces and coast with 2 TBS of BBQ sauce.
-Meanwhile, prepare the cauliflower pizza per the instruction. When ready, spread the remainder of the BBQ sauce on the crust, sprinkle the Mozzarella Cheese, then place the BBQ “chicken” on the pizza, top with the parmesan cheese and then red onion, place back in the oven until the cheese is melted.
-Remove and garnish with Cilantro.