Shrimp Summer Rolls
What is your favorite season?? mine is SUMMER so I am pretending it is already summer with my SHRIMP SUMMER ROLL recipe 🌱 ☀️ this is one of my go-to recipes when I am craving something light, but can’t eat another salad 🥗 I love these for lunch or dinner, you can pair 3-4 of these mini summer rolls with a light dipping sauce and voila! .
- 12 mini spring roll wraps (about 6” round)
-1 cup purple cabbage
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 1/2 avocado
- micro greens (optional)
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 Lbs of peeled and deveined Shrimp
- dipping sauce options: i used Szechuan dipping sauce which is spicy, but you can use Soy Vey or another of your choice.
(1) Shrimp: 🦐 first, remove tail from shrimp, marinate with soy sauce, sauce and pepper, cook in a frying pan with some sesame oil or coconut oil (4-6 minutes on each side, medium-low heat)
(2) set up a station with a bowl of water large enough to fit your spring roll papers.
(3) when shrimp are cooked, allow them to cool.
(4) soak one spring roll (must be soaked one at a time, they are delicate and will rip easily, takes 1 min or less under water to become elastic and ready to wrap)
(5) take soaked wrapper out of water and place on clean surface (cutting board is ideal), place your next dry spring roll wrapper in the empty water bowl while you continue on with preparing your spring rolls
- PRO TIP: ⭐️I like to place next wrapper in the water after i remove the last one to be wrapped so It is properly soaked and ready to go by the time I finish making the last roll, so I can make them quickly
(6) place veggies, avocado, herbs, and shrimp in the middle.
(7) to wrap, fold outside edges inward, tuck filling in the edges, and roll like a burrito. By now the wrapper should be sticky enough to maintain its shape. REPEAT for each summer roll
(8) place each roll on a plate and try to prevent them from touching each other because they tend to stick together .