Orange Creamsicle Low Carb Muffins
Does anyone else get bored when eating the same thing daily ❓ It is SO EASY to make small tweaks to a recipe to prevent yourself from getting bored of your healthy food ⭐️ These muffins are a prime example of how you can make a few simple additions to a recipe that make ALL THE DIFFERENCE. I took my cheesecake muffin recipe from an older post, made a few CITRUS additions and Voila!
NUTRITION: ONLY 110 Calories and 9.5 Carb and 7 FIBER - 2.5 net carb per muffin ‼️
🍊🍦WellnessforLifeBlog ORANGE CREAMSICLE MUFFIN RECIPE:
🍦CREAMSICLE FILLING: 2 TBS of a beaten whole egg, 4 TBS low fat cream cheese, 1 TSP stevia —Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
* 1/4 cup (1 scoops) Vanilla 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
* 1.5 Tbsp coconut oil
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
🍊 ORANGE CREAMSICLE MUFFINS:
✔️INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
* 1 cup (4 scoops) 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder (vanilla flavor)
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1 tbs orange extract (if you dont have this, you can use juice from 1 orange)
* Zest from 1 orange
* 8 egg whites
* 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
* 2/3 cup wheat bran
* 1 tbs coconut flower
* 1 tsp stevia (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a standard sized 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray (recipe yields 12 large muffins).
2. Mix all muffin ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk mixture until a well combined, lump-free batter is formed. Set aside.
3. Prepare crumb topping by mixing ingredients together in a bowl with a fork.
4. Pour batter in prepared muffin tin cups, filling almost to top of each cup. Drop a dollop of the creamsicle filling onto of each muffin. Sprinkle topping over each muffin cup, dividing equally between muffins.
5. Once oven is preheated, place muffin tin in oven to bake for 18 minutes, or until muffin tops and top.