Low Carb Pistachio Chocolate Covered “Tate’s Bake Shop” Inulin Cookies
I grew up eating Tate’s Bake Shop cookies and over the years my love for those cookies has only grown stronger. I have been trying to create a crispy and buttery tasting cookie like Tate’s cookies that is aligned with my wellness goals and I think I nailed it! This LOW CARB pistachio spin on the traditional Tate cookie is sure to be a hit all summer long.
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 3 TBS coconut oil
- 1 TBS almond milk
- 3 TBS coconut flour
- 2 TBS almond flour
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener (1/3 C if you like it less sweet)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 TBS inulin powder
- 1 TBS Flax seed
- 1 TBS protein powder
- 1/2 Cup Lily’s chips + 1 tbs coconut oil for topping
- 1/8 cup pistachios
(1) Mix all ingredients except chocolate and pistachios,
(2) Grease a baking tray and heat oven to 350 F,
(3) Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop to scoop equal sized balls of dough onto the tray, making sure to leave 1-2 inches between the dough because it will spread when it bakes. Press a few pistachios into the top of each dough ball and press the dough to slightly flatten it. Bake for 13 minutes or until the edges are golden.
(4) Allow cookies to completely cool (important) meanwhile melt the chocolate chips with the 1 tbs of coconut oil.
(5) When cookies are fully cooled, set up a piece of wax paper next to the chocolate. Dip the base of the cookies into the chocolate, place the cookie directly onto a wax paper.
(6) Drizzle the remainder of the chocolate on top of the cookies (optional)
Store in the freezer to keep them crispy and delicious!