Low Carb Eggplant Parm
I LOVE this recipe for meal prep! It is so healthy and delicious, it satisfies that 🇮🇹 Italian food craving and it is perfect to keep in the FREEZER for those days when you don’t feel like cooking!
NUTRITION: The BEST PART is this dish has ONLY 2 NET CARBS (less than .3 net carb per serving) and packs on tons of FIBER‼️
* 3 large eggplants
* Pink Himalayan salt (or salt of your choice)
* Egg whites of 6 eggs
* 1/2 Cup of FINE wheat bran (I use @shiloh_farms_foods because it has 2 net carbs per 1/2 cup)
* 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
* 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
* Pepper to taste
* 1 (24-oz) jar Rao’s Homemade Vodka Sauce.
* Fresh Basil
* 1.5 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Peal the skin off the eggplants, slice the eggplants into 1/4 -1/2 inch disks and lay flat on a paper towel. Sprinkle generously with pink salt and let sit for 20 minutes. Pat dry with paper towel to remove water.
- Beat egg whites in one bowl. In another bowl, mix wheat bran, salt/pepper, italian seasoning, parmesan cheese.
- Dip each slice of eggplant in the egg white and then coat in the wheat bran mixture (I use a fork to flip the eggplant around and cover with the mixture), then place directly on a greased baking sheet. Bake eggplant for 20 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Layer the eggplant with the Rao’s sauce and mozzarella, top with parmesan and julienned basil.