Healthy Shrimp Marsala
You can still enjoy your favorite dishes and eat healthy! I love recreating some of my favorite dishes in a healthy way, and this dish came out INCREDIBLE, so good I even surprised myself
- 2 cans of @palmini_pasta Hearts of Palm linguini, soaked in almond milk
- 1 Lb of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 14 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup of broth or water
- chopped parsley
- 2-3 cups almond milk (enough to soak palimi pasta)
- salt and pepper to taste
(1) SOAK palimi pasta for atleast 2 hours (ideal is to soak ahead, the morning before or even the night before).
(2) In a large frying pan, heat the oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
(3) Add the mushrooms, cooking them until golden brown for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
(4) Add the finely chopped garlic and cook an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper.
(5) In a cup, dissolve the cornstarch in the broth or cold water, adding the Marsala wine and thoroughly stirring.
(6) Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Then, coat a separate pan with oil or spray, cook the shrimp for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
(7) Strain the palimi pasta.
(8) Pour the wine mix in the large frying pan (with mushrooms) and stir well. Add the cooked shrimp, the palimi pasta, and cook for 4 minutes. Stir, adjust the seasoning and serve garnished with chopped parsley.
(9) Serve immediately to avoid overcooking the shrimp.